Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageAussie hospitalized after setting off firecracker in his butt

By Brett Wilkins     Jul 30, 2012 in Odd News
An Australian man has been hospitalized with serious injuries to his back, buttocks and private parts after he lit off a firecracker tucked up his bum during a party.
Sky News Australia reports that the unnamed 23-year-old from the Northern Territory was attending a party in Rapid Creek when he got the not-so-bright idea to try to launch some fireworks from between his butt cheeks.
"It appears a party was in full progress when a young male decided to place a firework between the cheeks of his bottom and light it," Senior Sergeant Gary Smith said. "Apparently they're not designed for that particular placement," he was quoted in the Daily Mail.
"What must have seemed to be a great idea at the time has backfired, resulting in the male receiving quite severe and very painful burns to his cheeks, back and private bits," he added, speculating that alcohol was probably involved.
Paramedics arrived on the scene to discover the victim had already taken himself to a local hospital. Police believe he was airlifted to a burns unit in Adelaide, South Australia.
The hapless young man may get burned in more ways than one: under territorial law, fireworks are only legal on July 1, Territory Day, on which residents celebrate the anniversary of their self-governance.
Those who set off fireworks on other days face a $282 fine.
The Huffington Post reports that the Australia incident comes just weeks after a Michigan man blew off part of his genitals when he moved in close to examine a firework mortar that didn't go off.
That incident followed the tragic case of 26-year-old Indiana man Nicholas Saberniak, who was killed on the Fourth of July when a firework launched from a homemade mortar exploded in his face.
More about fireworks injuries, Firecracker, Bum, Australia
More news from
Latest News
Top News