Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter
Connect your Digital Journal account with Facebook or Twitter to use this feature.
Connect
Log In Sign Up
Comments   Listen   Print   article:329054:20::0
In the Media

article imageWill Warner Bros. cancel screenings of 'The Dark Knight Rises'?

Burbank - Will moviegoers around the world have to wait until possibly Christmas to view "The Dark Knight Rises"? Reports indicate that Warner Bros. studio executives are considering postponing the film and then re-release it in December.
Following the tragic shooting in Aurora, Colorado at the Century 16 movie theater, which left 12 dead and 59 wounded, one of the largest incidents in United States history, there has been some contemplation and speculation that Warner Bros. could cancel screenings of “The Dark Knight Rises.”
TheWrap broke the news that studio executives have been gathered at the Burbank offices since the shootings were first reported. Sources told the news outlet that there was discussion as to whether or not the final movie in the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy should continue to be rolled out or postponed for another date, perhaps during the holiday season.
Warner Bros. has already cancelled the Paris premiere at the world famous Champs-Elysees. The final decision will be made throughout the weekend as the studio continues to monitor news reports, speak with theater chains and gather as much information as possible.
In an update to the original story, a spokesperson told the news organization that there will not be any cancellations of the movie.
“We are not cancelling any screenings or showings of the film," said Warner Bros. spokesperson Sue Fleischman. The studio has not commented on the situation further, but it did release a statement earlier on Friday.
“Warner Bros. and the filmmakers are deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident," the studio wrote. "We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time."
It has been confirmed that networks ESPN, NBC and CBS have pulled trailers for the film. Furthermore, according to EOnline, the upcoming “Gangster Squad” movie, which contains scenes of gun violence, has been removed from all Dark Knight Rises showings and its YouTube video. The studio will also re-edit Dark Knight Rises theatrical trailers in order to remove any depictions of guns.
During the Thursday midnight screenings, the film earned $30.6 million. It is expected to earn about $180 million in its first three days and be screened at more than 4,400 theaters and on 332 IMAX screens. Furthermore, the epic conclusion will appear on 6,765 screens around the globe.
article:329054:20::0
More about dark knight rises, Warner bros, colorado shooting, paris premiere, Sue Fleischman
More news from
Entertainment Video
Latest News
Top News
Engage

Corporate

Help & Support

News Links

copyright © 2014 digitaljournal.com   |   powered by dell servers