Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageLopez Request To Block Tape Denied

By Digital Journal Staff     May 11, 2001 in Lifestyle
LOS ANGELES — A Superior Court judge refused Friday to issue a temporary restraining order barring rap mogul Marion ``Suge'' Knight from marketing a purported sex videotape of singer-actress Jennifer Lopez.
Knight's lawyer said his client doesn't have a sex videotape of Lopez, however, but that one of his companies is producing a video on the singer-actress titled, ``J-Lo Uncut: The Real Story.''
Lopez sued Knight and his Death Row Records for invasion of privacy after the Star tabloid reported this week that Knight was planning to market a videotape titled ``Jennifer Lopez: Da Real Story.''
Knight ``does not possess a so-called `sex tape' involving Ms. Lopez and an ex-boyfriend,'' the rap mogul's attorney, Jeffrey Lowy, said in a letter to Lopez' lawyer, Stanton L. Stein.
In her lawsuit, Lopez said she is unaware that such a video exists but that if it does she wants the sale of it blocked.
``If the tape is, in fact, publicly displayed and disseminated, plaintiff will suffer greatly in her occupation,'' the lawsuit states.
A call placed to Stein's office after business hours Friday was not immediately returned.
Knight was released from a California prison last month after serving half of a nine-year term for violating probation on assault charges.
More about Court, Lopez, Entertainment, Sex
 
Latest News
Top News