Brainchild of 27-year-old programmer Daniel Williams, the new game will let users make their way across all 50 states, collecting gold and delegates in order to do battle with the evil Federal Reserve.
The object of the game
is to collect enough delegates to become President, unlock branches of the Federal Reserve by collecting gold coins where you fight and defeat 13+ bosses to reach the ultimate goal, "to end the Federal Reserve."
Williams is building the game in HTML5 with hopes to convert it into apps for iOS and Android in the near future.
The game features:
- 50+ Levels designed around each state in the United States
- 13 Boss Fights representing each branch of the Federal Reserve and a Final Boss
- Challenging puzzle-platform elements. There's no 'beating up monsters until they're dead' aspect. You must guide the baddies through each level.
- original soundtrack (music in video by Between Cathedrals)
- bonus unlock-able characters
- Platform-independent game. The game will run on any device that supports Java-script - Tested on Linux, Mac, and Windows Browsers
Williams says "the game will be free to play in your browser," However, he eventually hopes "to develop mobile versions" as well.
Before being released to the public, Williams told ABC News
he was looking to raise at least $5,000 for finishing touches. To his surprise, the game developer met his goal and then some within three days of submitting his proposal on the crowd-funding website Kickstarter
“People were helping me to spread the word about it all over the Internet,” said Williams. "I haven’t even advertised the game at all."
As far as feedback, Williams says "everybody seems to love it. There are some haters out there but they have been surprisingly few and far between."
Ron Paul: the Road to REVOlution is slated for release early in July.