Former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has signed a one year contract with the WWE (World Wresting Entertainment).
Brock Lesnar returned to the WWE last Monday night. Speculation about Lesnar returning to the WWE started after he retired from the UFC at UFC 141.
According to Nerd Reactor, Dana White, President of UFC, said on his Twitter page that he was happy for Lesnar when he returned to the WWE. White said that the crowd went nuts for him.
It was revealed earlier last week that Lesnar signed a one-year contract with the WWE for $5 million. Like The Rock, Lesnar will most likely be on a limited schedule. Lesnar's contract states that during his year with the WWE he will make between 30 to 40 appearances.
According to Newsday, Lesnar will make more appearances when Wrestlemania 29 approaches. Wrestlemania 29 will take place on April 7, 2013 and will be held at the MetLife Stadium.
The WWE is allowed to try and negotiate with Lesnar to get him to make more appearances, but Lesnar has to approve.
According to MMA Junkie, Lesnar, 34, made his return to the WWE last Monday night. It was the first time Lesnar has stepped foot inside the WWE ring since 2004
Lesnar made his return to WWE Monday Night Raw towards the end of the show, when he interrupted a John Cena promo. Lesnar entered the ring while Cena was speaking, faked a handshake and then slammed Cena to the mat before the show ended.