Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini has refused to disclose on whether he has met or intends to meet Carlos Tevez, the Argentinian striker who had refused to warm up during the Champions League defeat at Bayern Munich last September.
Tevez eventually returned to the Manchester City training ground last Tuesday having spent three and a half months in Argentina. None of the time he had spent in his native country was sanctioned or approved by the club. The 28-year-old had been given his own fitness regime to keep up but did not meet with Mancini before the Italian flew to Portugal for last week's Europa League clash with Porto.
With last weekend hosting FA Cup fifth round ties, Manchester City were given time off as they were eliminated from the competition in an earlier round. Mancini remained in Portugal and did not fly home with the team back to Manchester.
Wednesday sees Manchester City host Porto for the second leg of their Europa League clash and in the pre-match press conference he was asked if there would be a meeting with Tevez. In the Sporting Life he is quoted as saying, "I am here to talk about Porto." When pressed further if there would be a meeting with the striker, he said: "There is a meeting tomorrow - against Porto."
Mancini has insisted Tevez must apologise for all his shortcomings over the past four-and-a-half months otherwise he "will never be selected to play for the club again."
Tevez had flown to Buenos Aires in November and attempted to secure a transfer away to another club during the January transfer window to no avail. With no transfer materialising, he returned to Manchester City to fight for his place and had said he wanted to help City secure the Premier League title but not before causing further controversy by claiming Mancini treated him "like a dog" in a TV interview.