Delivering clean water and sanitation throughout the world needs a revolutionary solution for worldwide access to safe water and a toilet in the 21st century. Why?
Because every day, more than a billion adults and children will wake up to another day without sufficient water and may die.
Co-founded by Matt Damon and Gary White, Executive Director and Co-founder of Water.org, a Christmas video is going viral with Matt Damon dressed up like a likeable enough Santa Claus. However, none of the little children sitting on his lap have a clue to whom Matt Damon is; the idea of getting a water bottle for Christmas to promote Water.org means absolutely nothing to them – signed "by Matt Damon" or not!
All the coaxing in the world by Matt Damon to each child means only one thing. He may have to work on his image a bit more with the younger crowd, as one little boy confusedly asks him "Who is Matt David?"
The other children are a little bit more direct, placing him way behind Justin Bieber or the dreaded Darth Vader mask. Toward the very end of the video, one little girl takes pity on Santa Claus and says she would rather take the water bottle instead of Matt Damon's signature.
CBS reports that "Damon Claus," the "not so famous actor" Matt Damon, is playing Santa Claus to the children in order to promote the gift of clean water to those without it.
Matt Damon's selfless humanitarium achievements have helped the world become a better place, having received the 2010 American Cineumatheque Award in honor of his work in the film industry by President Clinton. But his dedication to the world as humanitarium like Water.org is where his heart is, because:
* Every 20 seconds, a child dies from a water-related illness.
* Diarrhea remains the second leading cause of death among children under five globally. Nearly one in five child deaths – about 1.5 million each year – is due to diarrhea. It kills more young children than AIDS, malaria and measles combined.
* Women spend 200 million hours a day collecting water.
* More than 3x more people lack water than live in the United States.
* The majority of illness is caused by fecal matter.
* More people have a mobile cell phone than a toilet.
* Lack of community involvement causes 50% of other projects to fail.
* For $25, you can give someone water for life. Learn more at [url=http://water.org/]http://water.org
NOTE: "Co-founded by Matt Damon and Gary White, Water.org is an international nonprofit organization that has transformed hundreds of communities in Africa, South Asia, and Central America by providing access to safe water and sanitation. Our microfinance-based WaterCredit Initiative is pioneering sustainable giving in the sector. "