The Food Standards Agency have released a warning against using a brand of korma sauce after finding that a jar was contaminated with Clostridium botulinum. Two people have been hospitalised.
The Food Standards Agency (FSA) have warned against the consumption of Loyd Grossman Korma sauce after two people, from the same family, in Scotland were hospitalised after contracting botulism. They had both eaten from a single jar which was contaminated with the botulism causing bacteria Clostridium botulinum.
The affected jar was from batch:
350g jars of Loyd Grossman Korma sauce with a 'best before' date of February 2013.
The sauce has a batch code of: 1218R 07:21.
The FSA say that even though so far only one jar is thought to be affected, the public should refrain from consuming jars from this batch as a precautionary measure. They also say that no other batches of Loyd Grossman sauces are thought to be affected.
Anyone who thinks they have eaten from this batch and is showing symptoms of botulism should seek medical advice.