Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageLibya's NTC says it will prosecute Col. Gaddafi's killer

By Katerina Nikolas     Oct 27, 2011 in World
Libya's National Transitional Council has reacted to international outrage over the murder of Col. Gaddafi by promising to prosecute whoever is found to be responsible.
In the wake of international outrage over the circumstances of Col. Gaddafi’s death Libya’s NTC promised on Thursday that they would prosecute his killers. This development follows criticism by the United Nations on Wednesday over the mistreatment and killing of Gaddafi.
Responding to international pressure, Abdel Hafiz Ghoga, vice-chairman of the NTC, said "With regards to Gaddafi, we do not wait for anybody to tell us” the Times of Malta reported. Ghoga went on to say “We had already launched an investigation. We have issued a code of ethics in handling of prisoners of war. I am sure that was an individual act and not an act of revolutionaries or the national army. Whoever is responsible for that (Gaddafi's killing) will be judged and given a fair trial."22-year-old Sanad al-Sadek al-Ureibi from Benghazi has been videoed claiming responsibility for the shooting of Gaddafi.
According to the Brisbane Times he said "I fired two bullets at him, one hit under his armpit, the other his head. He did not die immediately. It took him half an hour." Ureibi’s account contradicts the official story released by NTC officials that Gaddafi was killed in crossfire whilst in an ambulance en route to hospital.
Earlier this week disturbing accounts that Gaddafi was sodomized by a rebel fighter using a knife, possibly from the end of a machine gun, were disclosed by Global Post following analysis of video tape.
The NTC has not revealed if it intends to reward Gaddafi’s killer with the $1 million bounty offer which was made for his capture “dead or alive.”
More about Libya, Gaddafi, Gaddafi's killer, Sanad alSadek alUreibi, Abdel Hafiz Ghoga
More news from
Latest News
Top News