An army staff sergeant based in Hawaii is suing the fast food chain after he was reportedly injured from needles contained in his burger.
Army Staff Sgt. Clark Bartholomew had the incident with the burger after ordering a value meal to go back in December of last year. The lawsuit was not filed until earlier this week, according to the Huffington Post.
A sharp needle pierced the soldier's tongue after he bit into the Triple Stacker burger, resulting in a six day hospital stay. While in the hospital, it was discovered that he had ingested another needle which was found in his small intestine.
The soldier is claiming that he suffered physical and mental anguish from the event.
The Associated Press reports that his wife and son are also named in the lawsuit after they witnessed the "grievous injury from eating the hamburger containing the needles."
The monetary amount of the lawsuit has not yet been disclosed.