The Twitter account belonging to Anders Behring Breivik, the man who murdered 77 people in Norway in a bombing attack and shooting spree, appears to have been hacked by Anonymous or hackers affiliated with the group.
Anders Breivik has been held in jail in Oslo following his arrest and arraignment for slaughtering almost 80 innocent people in Norway last week. Despite his arrest his previously silent Twitter account has become active in the last twenty-four with multiple tweets.
The account appears to have been hacked by Anonymous, an international group of hackivists, according to a report in the Village Voice.
One of the first message's read, "This twitter account has been seized by #NORIA @AnonymousNorway." Another read, "We want Anders to be forgotten. Labels like "monster", or "maniac" won't do either. Media should call him pathetic."
A few of the tweets were written to appear as if Breivik had tweeted them himself. The last tweet from the @AndersBBreivik Twitter account said: " This twitter account will be deleted soon. Forget Anders. #NORIA."
Anonymous, who has been called "The Arbiter of Internet Justice" has recently launched a campaign called "Operation UnManifest" aimed at bringing down the right-wing extremist Breivik, and destroying his 1,500 page manifesto.
Anonymous has posted its Operation UnManifest on online. It reads:
As Anders Behring Breivik wants to use the cruel action of killing over 90 young people to promote his 1516-page manifesto, also with the help of the Internet, Anonymous suggests following action:
1. Find the Manifest of Anders Behring Breivik : 2083 – A European Declaration of Independence
2. Change it, add stupid stuff, remove parts, shop his picture, do what you like to.....
3. Republish it everywhere and up vote releases from other peoples, declare that the faked ones are original
4. Let Anders become a joke, such that nobody will take him serious anymore
5. Spread this message around the Internet and real life, translate it
6. Have a moment for the victims of his cruel attacks
We all are anonymous, We all are Legion, We all do not forgive murder, We all do not forget the victims.
Screen shot of the Twitter account of Anders Behring Breivik, prior to the tweets being deleted.