Former UFC fighter Nate Marquardt intends to address both fans and media on June 28 regarding the medical clearance issues which sidelined him from the main event at UFC Live 4 on June 26 and resulted in his dismissal from the MMA promotion.
Marquardt, who was pulled from his scheduled fight with up-and-comer Rick Story the afternoon of June 25, had remained silent on the circumstances surrounding his dismissal until Tweeting his intentions during the live UFC broadcast.
"I will personally be addressing all issues regarding my medicals, etc this Tuesday (June 28)," Marquardt said on Twitter.
Digital Journal reported Marquardt had been indefinitely suspended by the Pennsylvania Athletic Commission (PAC) in the hours leading up to the June 26 event after the fighter failed to satisfy the commission's conditions for clearance. PAC executive director Greg Sirb told media both the UFC and Marquardt were aware of the conditions attached to his clearance six weeks prior to the event.
With few details still available regarding Marquardt's medical clearance and his subsequent release, UFC president Dana White stands by his decision to release the fighter and is disgusted by Marquardt's actions.
"I think it's pretty clear to the fans and everybody else that I'm pretty disgusted with Nate Marquardt. He's been cut from the UFC. He won't fight in the UFC ever again," White said in an MMA Junkie report. "Bottom line is, what Nate Marquardt did is bad enough to be cut from the UFC. ... I'm disgusted with him. He has no business fighting in the UFC."
White added his decision was final, and any revelations regarding what went on between himself, the commission and Marquardt is up to Marquardt himself.