Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageElderly woman lights stove to stay warm and dies during fire

By William Charles Baker     Jan 10, 2011 in World
New York - An elderly woman on the lower east side of Manhattan New York was killed when fire tore through the second floor of the Ludlow street apartment building where she lived.
Fire fighters shut down the fire in minutes but 72 year old Claudete Rivera was killed. There were no other reported injuries in the building.
Wabc-tv reports: “Investigators said Rivera was using the burners on stove to stay warm. Her clothes caught fire, officials said.”
It was reported by investigators that a neighbor that tried to rescue Rivera but was unable to suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation in the process.
More about Stove, Fire, Elderly woman
More news from
Latest News
Top News