According to a press release from TransWorldNew Prince Charles ignored his bodyguards last month prior to the attack of his Rolls-Royce in London.
Prince Charles is said to have been told not to go to a Royal Variety Performance by his bodyguards in light of rioters in London. It is alleged that he went further ignoring additional advice to use a less conspicuous car but he insisted on using the Phantom VI.
On Wednesday police released footage and images of the student protests in hopes to identify persons of interest.
"Police officers were attacked, and buildings and shops had their windows smashed, amongst other acts of vandalism, including an attack on the royal convoy." Detective Chief Superintendent Matthew Horne said in the press release from Scotland Yard.
"We believe that most of the people whose pictures we have released today may have committed serious offenses of violent disorder and criminal damage in this area and urge them, or anybody who knows them, to come forward and speak to us.
"Those who are convicted of an offense will have to face the consequences of having a criminal record, which could have a potential impact on their future employment and travel."
Horne stated that the police believe in the right to protect but those breaking the law and endangering lives will be facing consequences of their actions.
The protest were organised after the announcement of a proposed increase in tuition fees.
It is reported that Charles's wife Camilla clung to her husband's hand during the attack reduced to tears.
The video from Scotland Yard can be watched here.
Scotland Yard press release
Left image shows second male suspect [Suspect C] pictured in the bottom left-hand corner of the image striking the car; right image shows same male pictured from behind (note: he is the person in the middle).