In partnership with Polar Mobile
, Digital Journal is releasing free news apps for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch as well as BlackBerry, Android and Windows Phone devices. Available for free at app.digitaljournal.com
, the apps enable smartphone users to read news from Digital Journalists working in 175 countries around the world.
More info about the app launch can be found via a Digital Journal press release here
In conjunction with the launch of its mobile news apps, Digital Journal is also announcing a contest for Canadians to get engaged with smartphone apps. For the next eight weeks, smartphone users can download the Digital Journal app from app.digitaljournal.com
for a chance to win one of many high-tech prizes!
• SonyStyle.ca Contest:
: Dec. 15 to Dec 29, 2010. Win one of four digital cameras courtesy of SonyStyle.ca! Prizes include two Sony Cyber-shot WX5
cameras, one Sony Cyber-shot TX5
and one Sony Cyber-shot TX9
• Flip Video Contest:
Dec. 30, 2010 to Jan. 13, 2011. Win one of 4 Flip UltraHD 2HR video camcorders
courtesy of Flip Video!
• LaCie Contest:
Jan. 14, 2011 to Jan. 28, 2011. Win one of 10 LaCinema Mini HD Connect
digital media players courtesy of LaCie Canada!
• Telus Contest:
Jan. 29, 2011 to Feb. 12, 2011. Win one of two new Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate smartphones courtesy of Telus!
How to enter: To win a prize, smartphone users should follow three simple steps:
1. Download the Digital Journal news app on your Apple iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Android Devices or Windows Phone Devices (visit app.digitaljournal.com for download instructions).
2. Navigate to the blog section in the app and click on the blog post labelled “Contest”
3. Using the built-in email function in the app, email the blog post to appcontest[at]digitaljournal[dot]com along with your name, address and telephone number. You will see a link to "share" or "email" on the bottom of the application once you've downloaded and installed it. . All entries will be entered into a random draw. Only one entry per person, per contest. Canadian residents only.
Official Contest Rules & Regulations
• Contest runs from December 15, 2010 to 11:59 pm (Eastern) on February 12, 2011.
• All entries must be submitted by email the blog post to appcontest [at] digitaljournal [dot] com along with your name, address and telephone number.
• Email entries must be submitted from within the Digital Journal app on iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Android or Windows Phone devices. Emails sent directly or from other methods other than from within the application will not eligible.
• The contest is open to Canadian citizens, excluding Quebec, who have reached the age of majority .
• All entries will be entered into a random draw. Odds of winning depend on how many correct entries are received.
• No purchase necessary.
• Prizes include two (2) Sony Cyber-shot WX5 cameras; one (1) Sony Cyber-shot TX5; one (1) Sony Cyber-shot TX9; four (4) Flip Ultra HD video camcorders; ten (10) LaCinema Mini HD Connect digital media players; and 2 Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate smartphones courtesy of Telus. Only one prize per household.
• Prizes are not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
• Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be available.
• All winners will be contacted via email and prizes will be awarded in the order they appear above. In the event the person whose name was drawn first does not respond within 72 hours, a new name shall be drawn and the prize will be awarded to another person. This process shall continue until a person has been contacted and declared the winner.
• By claiming the prize, the winner agrees to provide a photograph of themselves and he or she authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium (including without limitation, radio broadcasts, newspapers and other publications and in television or film releases, slides, videotape, distribution over the Internet and picture data storage) which Digital Journal, Inc. may deem appropriate.
• In accepting the prize, the winner acknowledges that Digital Journal, Inc., Sony of Canada Ltd., Cisco Systems, Inc., LaCie Canada and TELUS Communications Company may not be held liable for any loss, damages or injury associated with accepting or using this prize(s).
• By entering this contest, you acknowledge, understand and accept these contest rules.
• This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
• One entry per person, per contest
• Please bookmark this page, as these rules may change without notice. Updates will be made on this page.
To download the Digital Journal app for the iPhone, iPod Touch, BlackBerry, Android or Windows Phone devices, visit app.digitaljournal.com