Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageHarry Potter's Radcliffe:'For me, 3-D adds nothing to the story.'

By Leo Reyes     Nov 17, 2010 in Entertainment
The very popular "Harry Potter" superstar Daniel Radcliffe says 3-D technology adds nothing to the film story. Radcliffe was reacting to criticism the new Harry Potter film which is due for screening this week next is not being presented in 3-D.
Philstar.com reports:
Radcliffe said he is delighted that the filmmakers and distributor Warner Bros. scrapped plans to convert "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1" to 3-D. He also hopes they abandon their 3-D plans for "Part 2," due in theaters next July.
"If any film doesn't need a gimmick, it's these ones, and that's for me what 3-D is," Radcliffe said in an interview. "For me, 3-D adds nothing to the story."
The filmmakers had been racing to create a 3-D version of "Deathly Hallows" in time for its theatrical debut this week, but they said they ran out of time to do it right, the report added.
Movie makers argued films presented on 3D make more money in the box office.
Producer David Heyman when asked how much more says,
"I think 10 to 20 percent, probably. On a film that's going to make $800 million at the box office, that's a lot of money," Heyman said. "Warner Bros. are going to have to alter their fourth-quarter projections because it's not in 3-D."
Stakeholders are not happy with the movie not being shown on 3D as they stand to make less money but they agreed it would be more damaging if they do a rush job to do the film on 3D on a short and limited time frame.
More about Harry potter, Daniel Radcliffe, Movies, 3-D
More news from
Entertainment Video
Latest News
Top News