At least 17 people have been poisoned and killed by moonshine, and a dozen more have been blinded, in Kenya's largest slum.
BBC News reported that police said the liquor have may have contained traces of methanol, and samples have been sent for testing.
Many of the people who died were found in their homes in Kibera, a Nairobi slum. Some were dead when they were found, and others died after arriving at a hospital.
A woman has been accused of distilling the moonshine and was arrested.
Authorities are trying to find out if poisonous chemicals were created by accident when the liquor was being distilled of it they were deliberately added.
Moonshine known as changaa is very popular with some Kenyans, and it is often spiked with additives to make it more potent. Thousands of people die from toxic alcohol every year.
Previous reports on changaa said jet fuel is sometimes used to make the drink stronger, and sometimes formalin, a chemical used in preserving bodies, is used to shorten the brewing period.
Medical officials say the death toll from the latest incident of poison moonshine could rise.