Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageToronto fire result of pot left on stove Special

By KJ Mullins     May 14, 2010 in World
Toronto - Fire truck sirens cut into the Friday night's dinner hour in a Toronto neighbourhood. At least five trucks were sent to 25 Bishop Tutu Boulevard when an unattended pot left on a stove caught fire.
Fire officials at the scene said that the smoke alarms went off allowing residents plenty of time to safely exit the apartment building. The fire was quickly extinguished leaving very little damage to the second floor unit. Exhaust fans were used to clear the remaining traces of smoke from the second floor apartment.
There were no injuries at the scene from residents or fire fighters.
One Pizza Pizza delivery man though had to rush to a nearby home on foot in order to beat the timer.
"There are a lot of fire trucks and I only have a minute left," the delivery man smiled.
Always watch a pot on the stove. Fires can happen quickly.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Fire at 25 Bishop Tutu happened as a result of a pot left unattended on a stove.
Toronto Fire Department
Toronto Fire Department
More about Fire, Apartment, Smoke alarm
More news from
Latest News
Top News