The officials confirmed that the blasts at the JW Marriott and Ritz Carlton Hotel were suicide bombs. Officials also identified one of the perpetrators.
National Chief Polices Bambang Hendarso Danuri said that one of the perpetrators have been identified on July 17. The perpetrator's remaining head was found inside the Marriott and Carlton Hotel. Both of the perpetrators' bodies were separated and splattered into pieces, their heads flung away far from their bodies.
Although the head inside the Ritz Carlton Hotel was hard to identify because of the injuries, the other head that remained inside the Marriott Hotel was still intact.
Danuri said that one of the perpetrators had the initial N. He also said that N had been checked into the JW Marriott Hotel since July 15.
"The explosives found in the room are the same kind as the ones we found at a terrorist suspect's home in Cilacap on Tuesday," Danuri added.
Nine people died and 53 were injured in the bombings at the Marriott and the nearby Ritz-Carlton in the upscale Mega Kuningan area of South Jakarta.
Until now, police continue to try to identify the other suicide bomber.