Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter
Connect your Digital Journal account with Facebook or Twitter to use this feature.

500 Million iPhone Apps Downloaded in Six Months

article:265373:4::0
By Chris V. Thangham     Jan 16, 2009 in Technology
Apple announced that its App Store in iTunes has surpassed the 500 million mark so far. The last 200 million iPhone apps were downloaded in just five weeks.
Recently Apple announced that it reached 300 million downloads on Dec. 5 in just five months of its App store launch in iTunes. And it also announced that it had more than 10,000 applications during that period.
Now, Apple announced that it had surpassed 500 million apps downloads in just over six months. The last 200 millions Apps were downloaded in just five weeks. The rise is due to the holiday sales of iPhone and iPod Touch.
Apple didn’t state how much of the Apps were free, but even if they had sold 10 to 15 percent, they and the developers, who make 70 percent of the total sales (Apple takes the remaining 30 percent), would have raked in impressive profits. The price of Apps range from zero to $999.99 (IAmRich later was pulled from the iTunes store).
With the pace it is growing, the Store could reach the 1-billion milestone shortly.
article:265373:4::0
More about iPhone, Apps, Millions
 
Latest News
Top News
Engage

Corporate

Help & Support

News Links

copyright © 2014 digitaljournal.com   |   powered by dell servers