Madelyn Dunham died
on Nov. 3, the day before her grandson was elected
. Obama’s family is planning to have a private burial soon. The location and date of the funeral were not disclosed to the press to keep the ceremony private.
But the Westboro Baptist Church (WBC) members are planning to protest the funeral. The group previously protested a soldier’s funeral and others.
WBC released a statement
about this protest:
WBC to picket the funeral of Madelyn Payne Dunham, - pursuant to the picketing laws of Hawaii or Kansas or, etc., wherever burial occurs, - in religious protest and warning to the living; to wit: "Prepare to meet thy God."
The burial ceremony will be either this week or next. Obama and his family are also planning a small private memorial, which his grandmother requested by end of this year.
Other Protests by Westboro Baptist Church:
* Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Tim McLean's Funeral
* Op-Ed: Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Ledger Funeral
* At Denison Memorial, Westboro Baptist Church to Strike Again
* Op-Ed: Westboro Baptist Church: God Hates Marines
* Westboro Baptist Church protests at service for five family members killed in crash