Kodak has introduced a new portable HD recorder that helps you take and post videos directly to YouTube with a few, simple easy steps.
Kodak is famous for film cameras as well as newer digital cameras, but they're looking to now extend their reach into new territory: Video. Kodak's new Zi6 model sells for $180 and seems to be in direct competition to Flip Mino or Flip Ultra.
The Zi6 captures high-definition video at 30 and 60 frames-per-second and takes YouTube-ready VGA video.
The video review posted above says it only has 128MB of internal memory, but it does come with an expandable memory slot . The SDHC slot allows up to 32GB of expanded memory. By comparison, the Flip Ultra has an internal memory of 2GB.
Some of the main specifications of the Zi6 are:
• Zoom: Digital Zoom only, 2X
• Display: 2.4 inches LCD
• Storage: 128MB internal memory, SD/SDHC card expansion slots up to 32GB.
• Video quality: HD60: 720p at 60 fps—16:9, HD: 720p at 30 fps—16:9 (default), VGA formats. Still shot photo option also available.
• Microphone: Mono only.
• USB: 2.0
• Power: AA Batteries (2 Rechargeable Ni-MH Batteries + Charger included).
• Dimensions: 64 × 114 × 23.5 mm (2.5 × 4.5 × 0.9 in.)
• Weight: 107 g (3.8 oz) without batteries
• OS: Windows OS only.
• Color: Black and Pink colors.
The Zi6 looks like a good option for those who want to convert videos to a YouTube-ready format quickly.
For those of you who are looking for a comparison, check out Chris Hogg’s review of the Flip Ultra video recorder.