The woman had reported a bat
in her house but wasn't that worried about it. She went to bed after turning on the coffee maker. The next morning she drank her coffee like any other morning. It wasn't until getting ready for bed that night did she discover her morning brew cooked the bat. Cleaning out the filter she discovered the dead flying rodent.
Health officials say that because of being cooked in hot water they were unable to tell if the bat was rabid. The woman is now undergoing treatment for a possible rabies infection.