Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageNY Coroner Report: Ledger died of prescription drug abuse

By Chris V. Thangham     Feb 6, 2008 in Entertainment
New York City medical examiner office released their report today and said Hollywood actor Heath Ledger died because of accidental prescription drug abuse. The various drugs he took at the same time produced a toxic effect leading to his death.
The coroner’s report of Heath Ledger was released to the public today by the New York City Medical Examiner office. They said Ledger took various drugs at the same time by accident and that led to his death.
The NY office released a statement to the press and said the following:
"Mr. Heath Ledger died as the result of acute intoxication by the combined effects of oxycodone, hydrocodone, diazepam, temazepam, alprazolam, and doxylamine,"
There were video rumors before that Ledger was abusing cocaine and other drugs but this report said that didn’t cause his death rather his prescription drug abuse.
He was found dead in bed at this New York apartment on January 22nd. Police found prescription sleeping pills and anti-anxiety medicine nearby.
Doctors usually warn not to take these prescription drugs together at the same time; probably in this case Ledger didn’t follow and died by an accidental overdose.
More about Ledger, Prescription drug abuse, Coroner
 
Entertainment Video
Latest News
Top News