Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageMan Bitten After Putting Snake in Mouth

By RobotGod     Sep 19, 2007 in World
Snake collector Matt Wilkinson of Portland grabbed a 20-inch rattler from the highway near Maupin, and three weeks later, to impress his ex-girlfriend, he stuck the serpent in his mouth. It didn't end well.
breitbart reports that he was soon near death with a swollen tongue that of course blocked his throat. Trauma doctors at the Oregon Health and Science University saved his life.
"You can assume alcohol was involved," he said. Actually, not just beer. It was something he called a "mixture of stupid stuff."
Soon calls from cable network television stations were pouring in on Tuesday, when he still had sore muscles and nerves from the venom.
The incident happened at a barbeque with friends. Wilkinson had downed a six-pack and next thing you know, his ex-girlfriend asked him for a beer. He handed her one, not realizing the snake was also in his hand at the time.
"She said, 'Get that thing out of my face,'" Wilkinson said. "I told her it was a nice snake. 'Nothing can happen. Watch.'"
And so he put it in his mouth to impress her.
Of course, it bit him. He was having trouble breathing when his ex-girlfriend drove him to the hospital. She was the only one sober enough to drive him.
They spotted a police car on the way and asked for assistance.
His next memory, was waking up at the hospital. Doctors could not get a breathing tube down his throat due to swelling.
Dr. Richard Mullins had to cut a hole in Wilkinson's neck to insert the breathing tube. Then they started giving antivenin, moved him to intensive care and kept him sedated until the swelling went down.
Next time he will think twice about stupid stunts.
More about Rattlesnake, Mouth, Man
Latest News
Top News