Alexis Debat, director of terrorism and national security at the Nixon Center told the Times of London newspaper that Pentagon are planning to launch a massive attack
against Iran very soon. It won’t be just “pinprick strikes” against Iran’s nuclear facilities, but wants to take out the entire Iranian military.
He said to the Sunday Times that the US military has decided the following:
“Whether you go for pinprick strikes or all-out military action, the reaction from the Iranians will be the same.” It was, he added, a “very legitimate strategic calculus”.
President George Bush has been launching personal attacks against Iran for few weeks now and is accusing Tehran of putting the Middles East “under the shadow of nuclear holocaust”
. He said US will not be a silent spectator and will confront Iran before it is too late.
Washington sources says the “temperature was rising
” inside the administration. Bush was sending messages to many about the possibility of an US attack to Iranians and to the members of the United Nations Security Council.
The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) last week reported that they have received significant cooperation with Iran over its nuclear program and mentioned that the Uranium enrichment had slowed. Iran promised to answer all questions from the agency by November, but US thinks Iran is stalling in their approach to prevent sanctions. Iran insists that it is mainly interested in developing nuclear power for civilian purposes to augment its petroleum sources.
Iraq war was started with a fake report of a nuclear threat just like this and now Bush wants to go to war against Iran using the same approach (as shown in the video). Another war in Iran will cause irreparable damages to US, which is already reeling under the heavy costs of Iraq war and thousands of US Soldiers’ deaths and nearly a million Iraqi civilians’ deaths.
Do we really need another war?