Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

How About A Deep Fried Mouse - It's Barbecue Flavoured

By Janice Ambrose     Jul 21, 2007 in Food
Jack Hines, a 66 year old former labourer and contractor, almost ate a crispy, deep fried mouse, that he claims was in a bag of Frito-Lay barbecue flavoured potato chips. Succulent to say the least.
Jack was just about to put the furry little rodent into his mouth, when he felt fur. Fortunately, he looked at the "chip". He threw it behind his back.
Frito-Lay will be sending a representative to retrieve the bag and the mouse during this week-end. Both will be shipped to company headquarters in Plano, Texas, for investigation. Jared Dougherty, spokesperson for the company is very skeptical about the find. He claims,
"It entered the bag during the manufacturing process. He has called the case an 'unsubstantiated claim'."
Jack Hines had had the bag of chips for more than two weeks, and had opened it about a week before discovering the mouse.
While Jared Dougherty says,
"His experience shows that such "foreign objects" enter the bag after the product is out of their control."
While state health officials have not heard of the incident and were not investigating, Hines said he did not know if he would seek an attorney to handle the matter.
Is this a case of a 'cat and mouse' game.
More about Deep fried mouse, Potato chips, Montana