Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageDiner scarred for life after sausage explodes in her face

By RobotGod     Apr 13, 2007 in World
A woman diner was left with horrific burns after a Portuguese sausage dish exploded in her face. The victim was eating with friends when the accident took place at the Sporting Clube de Londres in west London.
Restaurant owner Rui Daniel Faria Velosa was fined £4,000 and ordered to pay £2,000 costs for breaching safety rules.
Witnesses described how the flaming chorizo sausage dish burnt out of control when a waiter topped it up with rum at a table packed with people.
This woman had to spend 2 weeks in the hospital and had 2 skin graft operations. She described it as "being hit with a flame thrower".
Now all sausage jokes aside, that is pretty messed up... Who knew sausage could act like a bomb?
Burning liquid spilled all over her hand.
It happened in 2005 while she was eating with a group of friends. The meal arrived, served in a ceramic dish, covered in burning alcohol. A waiter added more and boom!
She has to wear pressure garments on both hands for 23 hours a day, maybe for up to two years.
The restaurant admitted to three charges, failing to make a proper risk assessment, failing to serve the dish safely and failing to report the accident after.
This poor woman will certainly never forget that meal. I bet she has nightmares about it. They were apparently fined, but it does not say how much.
More about Diner, Scared, Sausage
 
Latest News
Top News