Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

Autopsy Results Show Anna Nicole Smith Died of Drug Overdose

By Jishpar     Mar 26, 2007 in Crime
Police Chief Charlie Tiger has confirmed today that an overdose of drugs accidentally killed the reality TV star Anna Nicole Smith. Investigators say the case is now closed.
"We are convinced, based on extensive review of the evidence, that this case is an accidental overdose with no other criminal element present," Tiger said at a news conference announcing Smith's autopsy results.
On March 7 the medical examiner's officers said that they would announce the exact reason for Smith's death. Police delayed releasing the autopsy results so they could finish the investigation.
The autopsy results show Smith had "an abscess in her left buttock that had been perforated by a needle, probably when she took injections of either the growth hormone or vitamin B-12."
Bacteria entered Smith's blood causing high fever and contributed to her death.
Joshua Perper, Broward County medical examiner, said Monday "that Smith was taking nine different kinds of medication in the days before her death, including a sleeping aid."
The investigation is now closed, and her death has been ruled an accidental overdose of three antidepressant medications.
On February 8, Smith was found unconscious in her hotel room at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino and later pronounced dead.
After plenty of controversy and a court battle over who would have custody of her body and where she would be buried, she was finally laid to rest on March 2 in the Bahamas. She was buried next to her son, Daniel, 20, who died in September.
Smith was married in 1994 with Texas oil magnate Howard Marshall II who was 89 year old. He was dead in 1995 and until her death Smith was involved in a legal battle over the inheritance that included a 2006 U.S. Supreme Court ruling.
More about Smith, Overdose, Drug
 
Latest News
Top News