Alexander "Alex" Callender, 6, had two teeth pulled three weeks ago and was on antibiotics for infection. It was not healing right and his body went into shock causing it to shut down. He was on the school bus and he fell over and just stopped breathing.
The bus driver was told about it and she pulled over and called for help. She and another student in grade 9 did CPR on the child until firefighters and paramedics arrived. They continued the CPR on the child to the hospital where he died.
At first they thought it was meningitis and all those that were close to him received an antibiotc just incase. The coroner said it was not meningitis.
His teacher said "He had the most adorable cowlick in the front of his forehead. Over the Christmas holidays, the other boys in class had to get their hair styled like his. We will miss him like you wouldn't believe."
A friend of mine in Shreveport works with the dad to the little boy and sent me this story.
His picture was found http://www.legacy.com/shreveporttimes/Obituaries.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=86726078