Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageMcCartney, the Stones, Dylan, the Who 'confirm' mega concert

By Lucky Malicay     May 2, 2016 in Entertainment
Some of rock 'n’ roll’s most iconic names reported to have been booked to perform at a mega music festival happening in the Southern California desert later this year appear to have confirmed the event.
Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, the Who and Pink Floyd’s Roger Waters announced on social media that something is happening in October.
The five artists, except for veteran rocker Neil Young — who was also rumored to play at the festival — posted videos on their Facebook pages that seemed to confirm the event. Waters, the Who, the Stones and McCartney also released the same promotional videos on their Twitter accounts.
Last month, the Los Angeles Times reported that a three-night concert featuring McCartney, Young, the Stones, Dylan, Waters and the Who will be held from Oct. 7 to 9 at the Empire Polo Field in Indio, Calif., the venue of the Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
The event is being organized by the Goldenvoice, the company behind the Coachella festival, according to the Times.
“If you just look at it at face value, a bill like this doesn't exist anywhere else on the concert landscape,” Gary Bongiovanni, editor-in-chief of concert trade publication Pollstar, told the Times. “There are a lot of festivals, but nothing quite like what's being planned there. I expect it will resonate nationally — and internationally.”
The Who lead singer Roger Daltrey also confirmed last month that the band is participating in the rumored festival.
“I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day," Daltrey told the Postmedia Network in an interview. "I mean it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it!”
More about Rock music, mega concert, mega music festival, rock n' roll, rock icons
More news from
Entertainment Video
Latest News
Top News