Email
Password
Remember meForgot password?
    Log in with Twitter

article imageFired by CBC, Jian Ghomeshi claims rough sex habits consensual

By Marcus Hondro     Oct 27, 2014 in Entertainment
The former Canadian Broadcasting Corporation radio host Jian Ghomeshi, fired on Sunday, issued a statement saying rough sex he engages in is consensual. The CBC only said they could no longer employ him and didn't reveal any more specific details.
While not revealing the exact reasons behind their decision, the CBC did say they received "information" that "precludes" them from continuing to employ him. Ghomeshi said in his statement, issued on Facebook on Sunday, that he will be suing the public broadcaster, with whom he created the radio show Q, for $50 million (on Monday he launched a suit calling for $55 million in damages).
"Today I was fired from the company where I've been working for almost 14 years," Ghomeshi wrote on Facebook Sunday. "Stripped from my show, barred from the building and separated from my colleagues." He said he was given the choice to walk away quietly but refused. "Because that would be untrue. Because I’ve been fired. And because I've done nothing wrong."
Ghomeshi: My sexual tastes may be "outright offensive"
Ghomeshi himself gave some details of the sexual activity he engages in that are at the heart of the controversy swirling around him. “Let me be the first to say that my tastes in the bedroom may not be palatable to some folks," he wrote. "They may be strange, enticing, weird, normal, or outright offensive to others. We all have our secret life.
"But that is my private life. That is my personal life. And no one, and certainly no employer, should have dominion over what people do consensually in their private life…I am still in shock.”
He said he was fired because "...of the risk of my private sex life being made public as a result of a campaign of false allegations pursued by a jilted ex girlfriend and a freelance writer." He said over time he has been open with the CBC about allegations against him by women who have said he engaged in violent sexual activity they did not consent to. Those women have not come forward publicly but have spoken to media under the cloak of anonymity and Ghomeshi has not been charged with any crime.
Former lovers make allegations
The allegations of violent, non-consensual sexual encounters have swirled around Ghomeshi, he says, for some months now. He attributed the beginnings of these allegations to a former lover who he said was angry at him for ending their relationship about a year ago. He said she began to mount a campaign against him, trying hard to "reframe" what had been consensual dominance and submission activities in the bedroom, to something more sinister.
He wrote this former lover "...found some sympathetic ears (a reporter) by painting herself as a victim and turned this into a campaign. The writer boldly started contacting my friends, acquaintances and even work colleagues - all of whom came to me to tell me this was happening and all of whom recognized it as a trumped up way to attack me and undermine my reputation. The writer tried to peddle the story and, at one point, a major Canadian media publication did due diligence but never printed a story.”
Toronto Star published a story Sunday night that was lengthy and detailed. In that piece, with the by-line 'By: Kevin Donovan Investigations, Jesse Brown Special to the Star' there were lurid accusations in the form of information and direct quotes from women who had been with Ghomeshi in some form of relationship.
"The three women interviewed by the Star allege that Ghomeshi physically attacked them on dates without consent," the Star story reads. "They allege he struck them with a closed fist or open hand; bit them; choked them until they almost passed out; covered their nose and mouth so that they had difficulty breathing; and...were verbally abused during and after sex.."
The Star also wrote that "...a fourth woman, who worked at CBC, said Ghomeshi told her at work: “I want to hate f--- you.”
The Star said two of these women had been fans and all were some 20 years younger than Ghomeshi, who is 47. One told them he allegedly warned her he would be aggressive. “I thought this meant he would want to pull my hair and have rough sex," the Star quotes her as saying. "He reassured me that I wouldn’t be forced. (Later) he attacked me. Choked me. Hit me like I didn’t know men hit women. I submitted.”
CBC: Difficult to "sever ties"
Again, the women involved have not been identified nor, it seems, have any of them taken their information and allegations to the police. Meanwhile, the CBC continues to refuse to identify specific reasons for their parting of ways with Mr. Ghomeshi.
“It’s always difficult when an employer has to sever ties with an employee,” Chuck Thompson, the CBC’s head of public affairs said. “Information came to our attention recently that in CBC’s judgement precludes us from continuing our relationship with Jian Ghomeshi.”
The story is being covered extensively around the country, and to a lesser-degree in some foreign markets.
More about jian ghomeshi, CBC, cbc ghomeshi, allegations of rough sex ghomeshi, Radio host
More news from
Entertainment Video
Latest News
Top News